If you don’t have all necessary supplies for packaging you can visit our store and we’ll do it for you!
USE CARDBOARD BOXES!
All of shipping companies inquire the use of cardboard boxes ( simple or double layered cardboard) and the use of certain packaging materials such as : duct tape, plastic bubble wrap, polystyrene chips, wrap stretch film, antistatic foam, labels, special stickers with Fragile, Glass, direction suggestions etc.
better protection of contents - cardboard boxes, especially the double layered cardboard keep their shape and protect better the content especially for fragile items. Use cardboard boxes if you send sweets, cosmetics, toys, electronics etc. These will be better protected will not be smashed or damaged during shipping. Hand bags, trollers or bags made from raffia will not protect fragile content!
better sealing - cardboard boxes can be completely and easily sealed with tape. It can be easily observed if the seal is broken or the box has been opened. Bags, trollers or raffia bags are easily damaged ( especially because of the zippers or pockets ) and are not considered a good sealing and protection method for your packages.
labeling - on cardboard boxes you can easily put labels with the shipper and receiver name and address and other labels for shipment ID used buy different carriers and or couriers. Bags, trollers or raffia bags because they are made of textile are not a good base to stick a label. Missing labels can cause package misplacing, delays or loosing the package.
better handling and stacking - because of their shape, cardboard boxes are easier to handle both by humans and special machines. Also cardboard boxes can be consolidated and stacked depending on their dimension and content fragility. In warehouses boxes can be better handled and the ones with fragile contents will be put on top of other boxes. Bags, trollers or raffia bags slip, change their shape and can not be handled properly. Fragile content from this kind of bags will be smashed and damaged.
- the size of the packaging has to be adapted to its contents. Too empty boxes, or half full boxes can lose their shape also if they are to full they can easily open or damage its contents.
- use high quality packaging. We need to think of resistance, cushioning and durability when selecting packages. Use corrugated boxes with external coating quality. For valuable items, products or prone to damage fragile (brittle or deformed scaffolding) must use a strong double layer cardboard.
- use insulating materials, in particular to prevent the contents of packages to move (plastic bubble wrap, air bags, flakes or polystyrene foam, cardboard).
- the use of straps as a good way to seal and secure boxes, especially if they are very heavy. If you do not have this possibility, use tape in the same place, all around the box so this layer will ensure keeping the package closed.
- use adhesive tape and if possible with “FRAGILE" specification if the contents are fragile
- place the fragile goods in the centre of the package, so they do not touch the edges. The object must be well insulated with foil bubble placed in the middle of the box and fill the box with polystyrene flakes or air bubbles.
- check the packaging and sealing of liquids and store them in airtight containers, packed in lightweight insulating materials resistant (example Styrofoam) and sealed with a plastic bag. Keep in mind that bad packaging may damage surrounding objects, not only of you but of other customers.
- seal with tape semi liquid substances, greasy or strong-smelling, then pack them in greaseproof substance (thick plastic wrap). Make sure that you empty containers, components of car parts of fuel and oils, make sure they do not leak and are perfectly airtight sealed.
- for powders and fine grains use strong plastic bags, tightly sealed and then packed in rigid fibreboard or wooden box closed and make sure that are no cracks in the packaging
- "FRAGILE" label must be visibly displayed on all sides boxes to indicate the fragile content, extra care in handling and disposing in stack. ATTENTION! “FRAGILE" label will not spare you the effort to pack and protect fragile products, the simple label does not protect the contents of you packages it’s just for handling.
- use the label “this side up” to indicate the position during the transport and recommended disposal and also enhanced care at rollover
- pack properly the gifts. It is possible that many goods sold in attractive packaging may not be suitable for shipping. Use additional outer packaging to protect them. Do not send gifts packed exactly as you intend to give, use simple cardboard boxes and inside you can put the gift wrapped as you wish.
- use triangular packaging not cylindrical to pack sketches, drawings or blueprints.
- use resistant plastic or cardboard tubes for long products, which can break (for example: rods)
- pack small items or documents resistant envelopes ( with plastic bubble wrap or from cardboard), we recommended A4 size. This way you can be sure it’s not too small to be noticed, is easier to follow and you can place on it a large and visible label. Protect internal documents in sealed plastic wrap to prevent damages.
- protect your data discs, audio and video cassettes packing them individually in insulated soft antistatic foil
- when shipping sharpen objects as knives, scissors, tools or parts with sharp edges, make sure you completely cover the edges and tips. For this it is suitable resistant cardboard. The protective cardboard must be fixed so that it can not be accidentally removed in transit.
- always use cardboard dividers when sending flat materials, fragile (such as vinyl, plates, ceramic tiles, marble etc). This coating insulates and prevents friction and attenuates vibrations that can lead to cracks and breakage.
- when you reuse a box, remove all labels and stickers used before. That box must be in good condition and not worn out. Previous inscriptions on the box can lead to confusion, erroneous routing, delay or loss of package.
It is recommended:
- to protect each object with plastic bubble wrap in 2-3 layers for maximum protection.
- to have approximately 5 cm between your box contents and the box itself. After, you can cushion the interior space with air cushions and polystyrene flakes.
- to use buffer products. There are several types of cushioning material like strips, flakes, rolls of plastic sheeting bubble . Loose insulation materials are usually made of light materials - are used to fill the corners, to keep objects in the middle of the box and to provide cushioning and shock absorption. Can be used many materials found around the house - old newspapers , rags , pillow filling ( not down of course ) , all these materials are ideal for cushioning.
- to use plastic wrap bubble . It offers very good protection from shock , vibration and abrasion and it’s also easy and flexible.
- to use separators that provide shock absorption when storing items . The most commonly used separators are corrugated, plywood or kraft paper . Corrugated rolls , cut to measure, are excellent for low cost upholstery . It is recommended that fragile items are packaged in polystyrene foam foil or mosques , especially to protect corners , edges and very sensitive areas.
It is recommended:
- to use large envelopes, A4 size. The envelopes should be of durable material ( plastic, paper, bubble wrap etc). Envelopes equal or larger than a A4 size provide enough space to stick a label.
- the use of boxes - this is the most common packaging because it comes in different sizes, materials and it can be easily handled and labeled. We do not recommend using raffia bags, handbags or suitcases.
- to seal and cover a wooden box, to be sure it’s not cracked because otherwise it can hurt the people handling it. Wooden containers are particularly suitable for sending heavy objects, usually on pallets. Sometimes, two-layers cardboard boxes are a cheaper and better alternative than wooden boxes.
- to use pallets for bulky and heavy products, engines, gear boxes for cars, machinery, household large appliances. Goods must be securely anchored on pallet with straps so will not allow the goods to move on the wooden pallet when handling the pallet. Also it is mandatory the winding with foil in several layers for protection and stability.
- use adhesive tape to close and seal all of your packages. This will prevent the contents from falling out. good seal helps to strengthen the package, however, remember that any shipment may be opened for inspection by customs or security during international transit. In this case, EZ CARGO SHIPPING LLC is responsible for re-sealing your package in the best conditions. We especially recommend using adhesive tapes, polypropylene or vinyl and not the cellophane, which are cheap but usually fragile and mainly used in the office. It is not recommended to use twine to close a box, because it can cut cardboard boxes and damage its contents. If you have heavy boxes you can use special packing straps.
- to use packaging strap. When used properly, well tensioned belts are ideal to strengthen the box. But be careful, too wide belts are useless, and the too tight straps can damage the box, they can cut trough it. You can find multiple types of straps:
- the cheap polypropylene and easy to use, but the maximum force that will withstand without breaking is not very high.
- polyester straps extend less than the polypropylene at high temperatures are more resistant and retain their properties even when wet.
- sheet straps that can replace steel in some cases, due to low cost, metal straps are most suitable for heavy loads because doesn’t stretch. Their use is not recommended for wooden boxes.
- using plastic shields for recycled cardboard edges. The use of belts prevents edges prevent to damage the package by uniform distribution of clamping pressure, preventing damage to the carton. Edge protectors are mandatory for products with sharp edges or slightly damaged (tools, car wheels, plastic parts, etc.)
- any kind of TOBACCO, tobacco cigarettes , cigarettes, cigars , tobacco shed or similar products.
- any kind of ALCOHOLIC DRINKS : alcoholic beverages including low alcohol ( brandy , brandy, cognac, vodka , liquor , whiskey , wine, beer and any kind of drinks , regardless of the packaging and including those made in house ).
- PERISHABLE FOOD PRODUCTS - any kind of meat and meat products - fresh or smoked, bacon, ham, pastrami, salami, sausage, sausages, meat fat or other kinds of perishable goods of this kind, regardless of packaging, dairy products, cheese, cheese and any similar products, vegetables and fruits including whether these are packed in vacuum. We accept only canned products (canned in metal or plastic containers and not those in glass jars, etc) and the imperishable range. If packages taken from Romania are accepted as just cardboard packages (not bags, suitcases or raffia bags) unpacked or uncoated paper in order to to be checked and resealed.
- MONEY AND JEWELRY- money in any currency, including lei, checks or bearer financial instruments, bank credit or debit cards, jewelry, precious metals (gold, silver, platinum, etc.) in any form (rings, necklaces, lockets, bracelets, earrings, etc) or semi-precious stones.
- PRODUCTS PROHIBITED BY LAW - firearms (including air, ball plastic or rubber, etc.), ammunition, explosive, volatile, radioactive, fireworks of any kind, toxic waste, livestock, manure or animal and human secretions, drugs of any kind and similar pharmaceuticals, medical supplies and surgical requiring special transport, pornography, weapons or associated (or unprotected sharp edges that could pierce, cut, wound, injury - knife, sword, machete, etc. including decorative).
- ANY PRODUCTS that may harm the integrity of transport, logistics, and personnel and other maneuvers INCLUDING SHIPPINGS who oppose protection rules of work, FIRE prevention, environmental protection or in sanitary and public health issues.
EZ CARGO SHIPPING LLC will not accept and handle:
- Unpacked boxes, unpacked products, products without any protection - furniture, appliances or electronics, machinery, equipment, luggage etc.. Even if you do not ship a fragile item it is mandatory a minimum protection of the content.
- Unsealed packages, packages that are not sealed using tape, luggage, suitcases, handbags or raffia bags. Each sender must seal each parcel, put protecting foil on luggage or handbag, seal with tape (duct tape). Sealing ensures the safety of the expedition and initial seal breakage or deterioration must be notified by receiver. Exceptions are the cases where the opening was made in order to verify content (on EZ CARGO SHIPPING LLC or customs and inspection) or re-seal was made for superior protection to complement and without destroying the original seal.
- Unlabeled packages. Expeditions (and its parts: parcels, envelopes, pallets) labeled without the receivers full details (full name, address, city, county, telephone) or without the details specified by EZ CARGO SHIPPING LLC to identify the expedition. EZ CARGO SHIPPING LLC and especially its subcontractors (URGENT COURIER, DHL, DPD, City Link PARCEL FORCE, ETC) handle thousands of daily quests and without proper labels there is no way to know who is the sender or the receiver. If any kind of identification because of proper labelling is missing, they may result in loss of the expedition, routing them wrong and delays in delivery.
- Plastic bags. Expeditions in plastics bags will not be accepted by EZ CARGO SHIPPING LLC. You can’t send clothes, shoes, cosmetics, household products, toys, sweets, non-perishable foods etc. in plastic bags (including vacuum bags). This kind of packaging does not provide any safety packaging and protection, is not strong enough for international transit and transportation and delivery. It can break, cut, pierce easily causing partial or total loss of contents. Plastic foil, foil bubble wrap or foil obtained from plastic bags can be used for sealing and wrapping luggage, suitcases, handbags, raffia or protect expeditions, where it can not be used another form of packaging (bicycles , mopeds, baby buggy, machinery, auto parts and body, car tires, sofas, chairs etc.).
IF EZ CARGO SHIPPING WILL ACCEPT EXPEDITIONS LISTED ABOVE IT WILL BE ONLY THE SENDER RESPONSIBILITY AND THE SENDER WILL PAY THE FEE FOR ADDITIONAL PACKAGING REQUESTED BY EZ CARGO SHIPPING LLC.
EZ CARGO SHIPPING LLC - parcel services is exempted from any liability in case of confiscation by U.S. Customs or Romania Customs, damage or loss suffered as a result of breaching the content and packaging terms.